During my time as a medium which has been over 28 years I have learned many things through training, watching other mediums and experience.
My training was very strict and inline with the ‘Old fashioned’ or ‘Traditional’ way of connecting with the spirit. In our modern world there are many people who are not educated or clear on how to connect to the spirit and then to identify their communicator and deliver the information they are receiving in an evidential way.
‘Our goal as a medium is to Prove the existence of the Human Soul.’
It is the job of the medium to prove that we do continue in the afterlife after a physical death. We do this by providing evidential information that can be accepted as true by the person receiving the information.
The 5 Things which signal that the medium is not connected to Spirit:
- Working Psychically: We see many people who think they are connecting with spirit but are in fact working on the psychic level by connecting with the psyche of the living person and receiving their information that way. It does not come from spirit.
- Asking Questions : A medium should not need to ask questions to the living recipient. The information they give should be in the form of statements.
- Fishing for Information: When a medium is fishing for information they are asking questions. This gets the recipient talking and giving away valuable information.
- Repeating information from the recipient back to them: the medium gets information from the recipient & repeats it back to them in a manner that indicates that the information has actually come from the medium. The medium owns the information as if they have given it to the recipient, and not the other way around. For example: The medium asks the recipient a question, the recipient answers the question giving away information, the medium repeats the information back to the recipient
Medium “Did your wife die of the heart attack or something to do with the heart?”
Recipient “She died of a brain tumour”
Medium “ So your wife died of a Brain Tumour, is this correct?”
Recipient “Yes, this is correct.”
The medium has received a ‘Yes’ from the recipient which makes it seem like they are in-fact correct with the information, but the information has actually come from the recipient. This is a very powerful and clever technique of trickery.
- Throwing out a variety of Information in hope that someone will take it: When a medium is not connected to spirit they can throw out many pieces of information knowing that someone in the audience will accept it.
For example: “I have someone who passed of something to do with the heart, could be a heart attack, blood clot or something to do with the blood.” By doing this someone will put up their hand, in-fact chances are many will put up their hand. The medium then has many people to choose to work with, the Medium will then proceed in the form of asking questions.
The 5 things which show the Medium is connected to Spirit:
- The Medium will provide evidence of the Spirit person they are connected to: There can be so many things the spirit can tell the medium so they can pass on proof that they are actually there. For example a medium might say “ I have your Mother here, she tells me she passed at the age of 88 of a heart attack, would you understand that?” The medium would then go on to bring forth more information about their lives to prove that they are really communicating.
- The Medium will bring comfort to the living through the energy and words said: A medium who is working in the energy of spirit will present the information in a loving, caring and compassionate manner because spirit come with love. The recipient will feel this love and it should be an amazing experience for them.
- The things said will be in the form of strong statements about the life of the spirit person: A medium who is truly connected to Spirit will present the information in the form of strong and confident statements, for example: “I know your Mother passed before your Father, she tells me she passed at the age of 88 of a heart attack. She also tells me she could hear the music you played for her while she was ill.” This is a strong statement and shows the medium is using the spiritual senses and receiving information from the Spirit.
- Feel the energy: The living will usually feel the energy of the spirit when a medium is truly connected with their loved one.
- The medium will use words such as ‘I sense’ ‘I see’ ‘I feel’ or ‘I know’: A true medium will be working in the beautiful energy of the spirit and will be working using their spiritual senses of Clairvoyance, Clairsentience, Clairaudience and many more! You can usually know which senses are being used by the words the medium uses. For example: “I feel I have your Mother here, she tells me she passes of a brain tumour, and I can see she was in hospital at the time of her passing, would you understand this?”
My suggestion is to improve your own knowledge and experience, watch how other mediums work and learn more yourself about the mechanics of mediumship. Please remember that there are many charlatans out there, and some are simply delusional and think they do these things. The best thing when it comes to anything in life it to be educated well on the subject and then you can make informed decisions and choices.
Mediumship is a dying art because so many either accept psychics on the platform or simply do not know the difference between a good Medium and a Psychic. Paul and I are determined not to allow the art of mediumship to die and fade away. We are passionate about it and want to help to keep it alive through educating the people who cross our paths in the true spiritual way. The way of the Spirit is always with love and understanding. Through being more educated your Spirit can and will grow.
With Love & Blessings
Louisa Marie Sullivan