What is the Moon?
The Moon is earth’s natural satellite and rotates on its own axel. Only one side of the Moon ever faces the Earth, and it is lit by the reflection of the Sun, so only one side ( the side facing Earth) is actually light, the other side is Dark.
The moon has a powerful effect on water and the tides on our planet Earth, so considering that our bodies contain approximately 65% water, then it makes sense that we might be affected by the different cycles of the Moon.
Therefore, it is considered by some to be of benefit to us to be aware of the Moon cycles. it can affect our moods, decisions, and in some beliefs it may guide us at the correct times to work on certain areas such as Cosmic Ordering. For example when the Moon is waning ( getting smaller after a Full Moon) it is considered a great time to remove what you no longer want in your life or what no longer serves you. When the Moon is Waxing (getting larger after New Moon) then this is considered the best time to attract what you want to you.
In this picture you are able to see the cycles of the Moon. On the far left it shows the Waxing Moon ( becoming larger), in the centre is the Full Moon and on the right is the Waning Moon. Because the Moon seems to have such a profound effect on our bodies and our planet then it makes sense to work with the Moon Cycles to maximise our wishes and needs.
Things to do when the Moon is Waxing ( becoming full)
This is the time to attract what we want and need.
1. Think of what you wish to have in your life, it begins with identifying those things, people, places etc which you wish to attract.
2. Decide in your heart what it is you desire, you need to strongly desire this for it to work.
3. Send up a message to the Universe in thought form saying that you have identified your hearts desire, think about it, feel it , see yourself having it and then let it go and think of it no more. Always send up a thought that it needs to be for the highest good of all concerned and harm non.
Things to do when the Moon is Full
A Full Moon can be very powerful and affect us in many ways, for example I have a very special friend who is Cancerian, which is the Astrological sign of the Crab and a water sign, because we are made up of a large proportion of water they seem to be very affected by the Full Moon. Moods can be affected, mood swings, feelings of heightened energy and a need to be more creative. I sometimes feel a need for change around the Full Moon. It makes sense to use some of the special energy and work with it in a positive manner. I will share with you some examples of what I do on Full Moon to work with the energy and make it work for me.
If you feel like you have more energy use that in a creative way, what ever your creative talent is whether its writing, dancing, making crafts, drawing, playing a musical instrument, whatever it is just do it and feel the energy releasing and working for you. You may find that you produce some of your best work during this time.
2. This also a great time to cleanse and energise your Crystals, put them out in a Full Moon to cleanse any negative energy from them, and at the same time allowing the Moon to re-charge and re-energise them to their full potential once more. You may place them in the garden in full range of the Moon, or if that is not possible simply place them on a window seal where they can sit in the light of the Moon, this will have the same effect. Leave them overnight and they will be ready for you in the morning.
3. This is also a powerful time to send up a message to the Universe to have your wishes heard, so what is it you strongly desire? Maybe you wish to bring a great love into your life, great job, or simply direction on a certain matter, whatever it maybe send it up and let it go, but again it must be something you really desire in your heart and be specific. Its not good just thinking that you want a new love, you need to really desire that in your life, and let the Universe know details of what you want otherwise you may get a new love but they may not be quite what you had in mind. So do be clear when you send up you message. Its kind of like going into a restaurant and ordering steak but not saying how you like it done and which sauce you would like it served with.
Things to do when the Moon is Waning (getting smaller after a Full Moon).
This is the time to dispel what you no longer want or need in your life.
1. Think of what you no longer wish to have in your life, it begins with identifying those things, people, places etc which no longer serve you.
2. Decide in your heart that you no longer wish to have those things in your life, you need to strongly desire them gone.
3. Send up a message to the Universe in thought form saying that the things you have identified to no longer serve you be removed from your life for the highest good for all concerned (this bit is important always state that it is for The Highest Good for all concerned and will harm non). Then let it go and think of it no more.
So there you go some tips to get you working with the cycles of the Moon. Why not try it? We have this opportunity available to us throughout every month of the year. You may find that you desire different things during the various seasons. Work with what feels right for you and enjoy the energy of the Moon as it has been with us for 4.5 billion years according to some. This ancient and powerful energy can be easy to take for granted, but why not just give it a try and see what happens in a positive way.