I have noticed recently that the more spiritually sensitive I become the more the environment is affecting me both mentally and physically.
What do I mean by this? Allow me to explain. As we breath in the air our bodies absorb Oxygen which is our vital life source, without it we cannot survive. As the breath revitalises and re-charges our bodies through this inhalation the quality of the air matters greatly, because if we breathe in polluted air this is what our bodies also absorb with each breath. With each breath we are also absorbing the energy of our
environment on a spiritual level. This of course is more obvious and is felt much more intensely as we become more sensitive and attuned to the spiritual aspects of our lives. For example: think about the times you have visited the seaside/coast and your natural re-action might have been to stand looking at the ocean and take in a big gulp of sea air. You may have felt re-charged and energised as you did this, but I have to stress that it is not just the good quality sea air you are experiencing but also the purity of the energy from the ocean, your body feels it. Remember the times you may have walked in a forest and again the air and surroundings as you connect with nature give the feeling of being at one and re-charged. When we connect to any element of nature; earth, air, fire or water we feel it and our bodies respond positively. However, it is not always possible to be in these natural wonderful environments and many of us have to live in towns, cities and places which may not be conducive to good energy and health giving air. So how can we over come this and deal with this so that our environment does not affected us in a negative way?
I have found that through my own experiences with different energies and environments my body will re-act almost immediately in a spiritual, but mostly physical way. Let me explain; when I travel to different areas of the world with my work I come across some fantastic places for energy and in these places I feel calm, at peace and my body responds by allowing me to feel light and energised. However, when I visit a place where the energies are not conducive to human nature and are polluted my body responds with discomfort. I get aches and pains and feel generally low on energy. So what can we do?
I will share with you my survival techniques for dealing with a polluted environment which is not good for anyone, but is felt more intensely by the sensitive or spiritually attuned person.
- Drink more water than usual
- Eat life giving natural foods such as alkaline food.
- Burn incense in your house/room.
- Burn essential oils in your house/room as this keeps the air quality purer
- Use Himalayan Salty Lamps to purify the environment
- The use of sound can be very effective for clearing energy – try a singing bowl or drumming.
- Take a ‘Special Bath’ to cleanse your body and energy. *please see below for ingredients for a ‘Special Bath*.
- After your bath cleanse your energy with Sage and an essential oil spray if you have one.
- Go for a walk in nature as often as possible & connect with the elements of earth, air, fire, and water, and ask for the cleansing elements or fire and water to be activated.
- Cleanse the chakras and aura more regularly
- Sit in meditation to rest & re-charge the mind
- Cleanse the house using the elements of earth (salt), air (incense), Fire ( candle) and water ( filtered water if possible).
- Think positive thoughts
Special Bath Ingredients
- Run a bath of warm water
- Put Candles around the bath
- Add the following :
a) 2 cups of Magnesium Flakes – these help to relax the muscles and ease any aches and pains
b) 2 small cups of Himalayan salt – this will cleanse the skin
c) 16 drops of Lavender Essential Oil – or any essential oils which are cleansing or which you particularly like
d) 5 capfuls of Star Child Love Potion Oil ( this is optional if not available).
e) Sit back and relax in the mineral rich bath for at least 20 minutes.
f) After your bath use sage to smudge. I burn sage in its dried form with the leaves and smudge my auric field.
g) Spray your auric field with a good quality essential oil spray. I love the ones from The Goddess Temple in Glastonbury these smell great and are infused with the certain qualities depending upon the one you choose.
I hope this small changes will help those of you who are sensitive to your environment. Please feel free to leave any comments.
Many blessings to you all
Louisa Marie Sullivan